Oh hello! I’m Jesscy. The Wandering Songbird. I’m a professional traveler, songstress, grower of things, lover, banter connoisseur, healer, food obsessor, and cracker of jokes, amongst the many hats I love to wear. Please see below for another hat I enjoy wearing.
I’m a Montana girl, born and bred. That’s right, you can be jealous!
I’m somewhere south of 30, easy laughing most of the time and also, incredibly lucky. I wander, I write. I dance and I laugh. Open hearted, my songs come from a deeper place. I’ve been described as the Sunshine Gal. I desire to help others see the world through fresh eyes, to be able to share experience in a deeper, more meaningful way, to INSPIRE. I was put on this earth to give – of my resources, time and love.
I’m an introverted extrovert, which is a real challenge, let me tell you.
Since there’s a lot of world left to explore, I explore it. If you asked me, I would shout that we all should explore to the very limits of our being. We need to make wanderlust a way of life! By becoming wayfaring, we must demand excellence and kindness of and to ourselves. The only way to survive is to sway along to the beat in our hearts. So being a wayfaring songbird, my only plans are to not have any plans…and to listen intently to what my soul has to say. If I had my way, every soul on this earth would find their deepest authenticity and skip hand in hand with it, fall madly in love with it! I dare you. I dare you to dip your toes in your wildfire flame, to believe in free and to really love your own, unique Voice. Kick off your boots and stay awhile, the fire’s warm and your teacup is bottomless ❦
Still curious? Here are some more interesting facts about me:
- I cannot pick a ‘favorite’ place I’ve traveled to.
- There is not enough money in the world to get me to obtain a ‘real’ job. I love being unemployable!
- I bring sunshine where ever I go. It travels easily.
- I love everything about music.
- I wish I knew more naughty words in foreign languages.
- I adore people watching.
- My guitar is my most expensive possession.
- I’m incredibly afraid of my house burning down….and public toilet seats.
- I haven’t stayed in one place for more than a month, in almost a decade.
- I once got lost in the mountains. For 2 days.
- I’ve never lived below 5,500 feet.
- My life is the world’s best party.
- I love eating. A lot.
- I wish I had learned music from a younger age.
- I have a strong desire to go everywhere and experience everything.
- I’ll easily spend a lot money on a delicious meal but will walk miles if it will save me money.
- I am a self made woman.
- I have invisible wings
The Bucket List Extraordinaire
William Ross said it best – “Every man dies – Not every man really lives.”
Amen Brother! I couldn’t agree more. I have soooo many things I want to accomplish before I kick the bucket. Here are just a few of the things in said bucket. Not gonna quit till I’m done livin’…& that could take the rest of my life!
- Ride a reindeer. Oh yeah. I wanna go to Russia & ride a fancy reindeer.
- Really make a change
- Visit at least 30 more countries. I can’t believe with all my wanderings, I’m only at 7%! Doh!
- Make two of my OWN albums. One for practice, and one that’s REALLY, REALLY good.
- Take a hot air balloon trip
- Swim with manatees
- Inspire others daily
- Sing on a Planet Bluegrass stage
- See real, live lava
- Build my own house, on my own tract of land. I want to dig my own dirt and hew my own logs by hand.
- Go to a drive-in movie theatre. Old school!
- Take a journey from Bozeman, Montana to Buenos Aires, Argentina on horseback.
- Have my photography published
- Explore the Amazon
- Send a message in a bottle
- Receive a love letter. The tangible, handwritten kind
- Become a silent philanthropist – make a serious difference
- Start an animal rescue
- Never loose my true voice